Are you looking for a challenge? We are looking for volunteers for a variety of activities.
You can learn something new and help us too!
If you can’t come when the museum is open, please don’t let that discourage you from volunteering. Many of these activities can be done at your convenience. Call (860) 563-6704 for more information or email: email@example.com
- We need movers—people in good physical shape to lift, move, and arrange items in Academy Hall Museum, including display cases and file cabinets.
- Oral history interviewers can talk with town citizens who are familiar with old businesses, farming, and industry. These longtime residents can provide invaluable perspectives on our history.
- A cemetery researcher can photograph cemetery monuments and compile records.
- A paper conservator can check our collection of scrapbooks, paintings, posters, and maps, and decide what to keep, copy, or discard.
- Editors can transcribe, type, and proofread entries from Josiah Griswold’s diary and put them together in book form.